Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

We have already mad it to thanksgiving break! Wow, it is crazy to think this school year is almost half way over. It's sad and exciting at the same time, more of a bittersweet type thing. I am very happy that the holidays are here! It is may favorite time of the year. 


I have decided to spend my Thanksgiving breaking serving God. I am going on a mission trip to the City of Angles in Cozumel, Mexico. I am leaving tomorrow and will be back the following saturday. I am going to miss Thanksgiving with my family and I am very sad about that. I have never missed a holiday with them so it is definitely going to be different. 


I am excited to go serve but I am also nervous, I have never been to Mexico or even out of the country. One good thing about that is that my brother will also be going on this trip as well. We will be staying on the orphanage property and will be serving in three different groups, VBS, community service, or service. I will be serving in the community service group and we will be traveling around the city and giving food to families. 


This trip is going to be something that I will remember for the rest of my life and I hope it will be a great experience for my whole mission group. 


I hope that everyone has a safe & great Thanksgiving break and eat lots of turkey! 




Katie :) 

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect way to spend the holiday where we focus on being Thankful. I'll be praying for you and your brother.

    On a side note, your font is very hard to read. Please fix by making it darker and larger.

    ReplyDelete