Friday, November 12, 2010

Test Scores...

Yes, I am talking about the SAT & the ACT.... these test are so important as far as getting into to college goes. Back 10 or 20 years ago, there was only one test which was the SAT. Now, there are two tests that differ in many ways and we now have to figure out which one suits us better.


I personally HATE these tests for so many reasons. First, these tests in my opinion are very challenging. So it requires for a lot of people to get outside tutoring services. I started tutoring for the SAT first in January of my junior year. I then took the SAT for the first time in June. And it was very hard for me, and when I received my scores I was disappointed with them. I signed up to take it again in the fall and see if I could improve my scores.


I then started to tutoring for the ACT thinking that I could do better on that test. I felt good going into the test and thought I did pretty good. I then got my scores recently and was disappointed with these scores as well. I once again have signed up to take this test again to see if I can improve my scores on this test.


I do not like these test because, sometime people aren't good test takers. People can have test anxiety or just simply cannot do well on tests. I feel like I fall under this category. I just wish colleges did not look at these scores as much as they do. I feel like a lot of students work their whole school years to get good grades and get a strong GPA but then cannot get good test scores. I feel that this is very unfair to these students.


I really want to wish seniors out there who are struggling with this problem like I am! I hope we can improve our test scores and get into the college of our choice!


Have a great weekend!


Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment